Transport Assay Kit From Molecular Devices
Molecular Devices’ transport assay kit is the first kit of its kind for live cell kinetic assays which measure dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine uptake. These neurotransmitters are an increasingly important target for pharmaceuticals which address neurodegenerative diseases like Parkinson’s Disease and Alzheimer’s as well as treatments for depression.
Being able to monitor the uptake of these key neurotransmitters may hold the key to improved treatments for these diseases and a better understanding of their causes and mechanisms of action. The Molecular Devices kit makes it possible to measure the uptake of these compounds without relying on the radioactively labeled compounds which have historically been used for this purpose.
This transport assay kit permits live cell kinetic uptake screening using a fluorescence based, high throughput, homogenous format which can be performed as an HTS-amenable endpoint read or as a kinetic assay in real time.
Using a mix-and-read protocol which is suitable for either 96 or 384 well microplates using endpoint or kinetic mode detection, this kit is well suited for high throughput screening, assay development or research applications.
Features of the Molecular Devices Neurotransmitter Transport assay Kitinclude:
- Solvent tolerance of as much as 1% ethanol or DSMO with minimal effect on the accuracy or overall performance of the assay
- Homogenous live cell fluorescent assay with simple single reagent addition format
- Transport assay kit allows same day cell plating without negatively affecting assay performance or accuracy
- No radioactive materials needed
- Endpoint mode reading for high throughput applications
- Real time kinetic mode reading for mechanistic studies
- Analysis with any bottom read fluorescent microplate instrument
Date added: 2015-05-25 10:42:39