Polarized Light Microscope - The Nikon 50ipol
The Nikon 50iPol is a state-of-the-art polarized optical microscopy product which offers both ease of use and high performance optics, all in a design which takes up a minimal footprint on the laboratory bench. The user friendly 50iPol is available in episcopic illumination and diascopic illumination models, both of which are advanced illumination systems which offer more brightness than any similar lab microscope on the market.
The 50iPol can use up to five centerable objectives (ranging from 4x to 100x) mounted to the nosepiece.
Episcopic Differential Interference Contrast accessories including Nikon LV-UEPI (Universal EPI) illuminator and objectives are available which extend the capabilities of the 50iPol to Episcopic DIC microscopy applications. This compact polarized light microscope has been designed with easy episcopic microscopy in mind.
Features of the Nikon 50iPol Polarized optical microscopy instrument include:
- Advanced Nikon CF160 infinity optics for longer working distance and high NA, providing clear, high resolution, bright images – as many as five objective lenses may be mounted
- LV-UEPI epi-illuminator allows diascopic (transmitted) and episcopic (reflected) polarization observations
- 6V/30W halogen lamp with built in transformer and ND8 filter
- Main body focusing with coaxial course (13.8mm per rotation )/fine (.1mm) focus knob
- Intermediate tube includes focusable Bertrand lens which can be removed from the optical path as needed, plate/compensator slot, integrated analyzer and switchable conoscopic/orthoscopic observations
- Compensator/plate slot compatible with standard 1/4 lambda and tint plates, quartz wedge or Sernamont compensators
- P-TT Trinocular Tube and P-TB Binocular Tube for polarized light microscope applications
- Rotary (ball-bearing) stage can be rotated 360 degrees, fixed in position and graduated 360 degrees in 1 degree increments
- Objectives: CFI P Achromat 4x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 100x; CFI LU Plan Fluor Epi P 5x, 10, 20x, 50x, 100x
- Dedicated strain-free swing-out condenser
To find out more about this and other polarized optical microscopy products from Nikon, just follow the links from this page.
Andrew Long - news correspondent
Date added: 2015-05-25 10:44:44