Particle Sizing System From Micromeritics
The Saturn DigiSizer® II laser particle sizing system analyzer provides exceptionally high levels of sensitivity, resolution, accuracy, reproducibility, and repeatability not available in other laser particle sizing systems.
Micromeritics brings users the latest advances in particle measurement with the Saturn DigiSizer II and its combination of a cutting-edge charged-coupled device (CCD) detector containing over three million detector elements, Mie theory, and the unique data reduction features.
This laser light scattering instrumentation provides a high-definition, digital representation of the scattering pattern and is completely automated to ensure the highest possible throughput and corresponding productivity. The Saturn DigiSizer II is ideal for production, research, and quality control for a wide range of applications which include pharmaceuticals, catalysts, ceramics, paints and coatings, cosmetics, and many more.
Besides its ability to measure particle size over a very broad range, the Saturn DigiSizer particle sizing system features fully automated sample handling systems that are available in two configurations. The standard particle sizing system includes a reservoir that is adjustable between 590 to 690 mL of dispersed sample.
The low-volume unit includes a reservoir that is adjustable between 100 to 120 mL of dispersed sample. Both sample handlers also allow for connection of an ultrasonic probe to assist in sample dispersion. The Saturn DigiSizer also includes a complete system for circulating the dispersing liquid/sample mixture through the cell and reservoir.
Optional confirm™ 21 CFR Part 11 software assists with compliance to FDA regulations. Combined with Micromeritics' IQ and OQ services, the user can be assured that the Saturn DigiSizer system is validated for accuracy, reliability, consistent performance, and provides safeguards to protect the integrity of analysis records.
Features of the Saturn DigiSizer II particle sizing system include:
- Can measure particles in the range of 40 nm to 2500 µm equivalent spherical diameter
- Fully automated particle sizing and measurement – once the operator adds in the samples, the DigiSizer performs dispersion, dilution, analysis initiation, reporting and rinsing. Automated sample dispersion and feeding ensures consistent preparation of samples
- When used with the MasterTech 052 Autosampler (optional), particle sizing may be performed on as many as 18 samples with no operator intervention
- A single computer can control up to two analyzers, each with a liquid sample handler, and two MasterTech 052 Autosamplers
- Micromeritics’ proprietary liquid sample handling unit (LSHU) provides automatic sampling, diluting, and dispersion. Available in both standard and low-volume configurations
- The Saturn DigiSizer II analysis program is designed to operate in the Windows® XP Professional or Windows Vista® Business environment
If you have are looking for a particle sizing system, then Micromeritics can help. Just click on an icon of interest from this page for more information.
Date added: 2015-05-25 13:05:00