Bilirubinometer expertise With the YSI Unistat
YSI UK distributes products from the Reichert company, including the Unistat Bilirubinometer; a point-of-care stat photometric analyzer. The instrument is designed to measure total serum bilirubin (TBS) concentration in newborn infants in order to diagnose common postnatal ailments and as a general screening instrument to determine liver function.
A product of more than a century of expertise in producing precision instruments, the Reichert Unistat from YSI is user friendly and easy to calibrate, requiring little to no training to use.The instrument can provide accurate measurement and diagnosis of hyperbilirubinemia in less than five seconds. The Unistat is regarded as the gold standard for bilirubin measurement, with independent testing of this bilirubinometer correlated to HPLC laboratory methods having been performed to confirm its accuracy and reliability.
YSI provides full support for this product in the UK, including the provision of service contracts for both existing and new customers. Its accuracy and reliability backed by YSI's support and service have made this the bilirubin measurement solution of choice in the healthcare industry.
The Reichert Unistat's bilirubinometer features include:
- Point of care measurement for all skin types and ethnicities
- Easy to use and calibrate
- Low footprint on the workbench
- Fast, accurate measurement of TSB levels in serum - results in less than 5 seconds!
- Approximate turnaround time of 15 seconds
- 20uL sample size (undiluted serum with automatic correction for hemoglobin)
- Digital direct reading in mg/dL or umol/L
- 0-40 mg/dL range
- Accuracy ±5% [0-30 mg/dL (0-513 umol/L)] ±10% [30.1-40 mg/dL (515-684 umol/L)]
- UL and CE approved
- Automatic calibration
- Very low operating costs
Date added: 2015-10-22 17:12:35